Peacock will broadcast NBC’s Triple Crown horse racing live for the first time this spring, starting Saturday, May 7 at 2:30 p.m. ET, when NBC and Peacock present the 148th Kentucky Derby. NBC Sports will feature more than 20 hours of Triple Crown coverage on NBC, USA Network, CNBC and Peacock this spring.
Two weeks after NBC Sports’ five-hour Kentucky Derby broadcast, Peacock will simulcast NBC’s live broadcast of the Preakness Stakes on Saturday, May 21 at 4 p.m. ET. Then on Saturday, June 11 at 5 p.m. ET, NBC and Peacock will present the Belmont Stakes.
Previously, Peacock aired live NBC Sports coverage of the 2021 Breeders’ Cup Classic from Del Mar, Calif.
2022 Triple Crown Horse Racing Schedule (all times are ET)
- Friday, May 6 at 1 p.m.: Kentucky Oaks on USA Network
- Saturday, May 7 at 12 p.m.: early Kentucky Derby races on USA Network
- Saturday May 7 at 2:30 p.m.: 148th Kentucky Derby on NBC, Peacock
- Friday, May 20 at 5 p.m.: Black-Eyed Susan on USA Network
- Saturday, May 21 at 2 p.m.: Preakness Stakes early races on CNBC
- Saturday May 21 at 4 p.m.: 147th Preakness Stakes on NBC, Peacock
- Saturday, June 11 at 3 p.m.: Belmont Stakes early races on CNBC
- Saturday June 11 at 5 p.m.: 154th Belmont Stakes on NBC, Peacock
NBC Sports is the exclusive host of horse racing’s biggest and most prestigious events, including the Triple Crown, Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Royal Ascot and the Pegasus World Cup Invitational Series. NBC has been the exclusive home of the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes since 2001, and the Belmont Stakes since 2011, when NBC Sports Group reeled in the Triple Crown.