Ready to learn how to share a Spotify playlist with others? Here’s how to share and collaborate on new music playlists on Spotify.
Sharing a playlist with someone can be a great way to introduce new music to each other. But playlist sharing goes beyond just music with friends. Communities on Twitch and Discord often have collaborative playlists. Here is an overview of how these services work to share Spotify playlists among fans.
How to Share Spotify Playlist via Link
Sharing a playlist with a friend is pretty easy on Spotify. If you’ve already created a playlist that you want to share, here’s how.
- Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- Tap Playlist you want to share.
- Press the menu “…” located on the left of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, choose how you want to share.
You can choose to only share a link to the reading list for SMS or other instant messaging. Or you can choose to share the playlist directly to any social media like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat or TikTok.
How to Share Spotify Playlist via Spotify Code
Spotify also makes it easy to share a playlist with a community via a QR code. These allow communities on Twitch or another live streaming platform to let fans see the playlist the music is streaming from. Here’s how to create a sharing QR code.
- Tap the image at the top from the user-generated playlist to expand it.
- Tap “Save to Photos” to save the image. If Spotify requests access to your “Photos”, you will need to agree.
- Send the Spotify code image to your recipient. They can scan the image with their phone’s camera to view the playlist in the Spotify app.
Spotify has also changed the way collaborative playlists work with others. Collaborative playlists are a great way to build a music playlist with a community. Spotify has added the ability for the playlist creator to invite or remove users from the collaboration.
The creator can also set collaborative playlists to private – so they can’t be seen by anyone except the people who have access to them. This feature gives creators the power to allow only certain Spotify accounts to access their created playlists. Spotify has also finally rolled out a blocking feature that allows users to block another Spotify user.