Here’s everything you need to know as Cardiff City prepare to take on Derby County in their final game of the season.
What time is Derby County v Cardiff City?
Derby County v Cardiff City kicks off at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, May 7 at Pride Park.
Is Derby County v Cardiff City on TV? What about streaming?
There will be no live television coverage of the match.
You will be able to view the game via audio via the club’s website, more information about this can be found here. You can follow live updates of the match via our blog which will be available on our Cardiff City page.
What’s the latest from the team?
Cardiff City have no new injury concerns ahead of Saturday’s clash with Derby County.
The Bluebirds will be without Joe Ralls, Sean Morrison, Alfie Doughty, Sam Bowen and Isaac Vassell, just as they were against Birmingham City last weekend.
Joel Bagan also remains in doubt.
Derby will welcome back captain Tom Lawrence after his two-match suspension. Midfielders Krystian Bielik, Lee Buchanan and Colin Kazim-Richards will be absent.
What did the managers say?
Derby County boss Wayne Rooney: “I will play against the strongest team possible to try to score three points in front of a large crowd. The support has been incredible and we want to show our appreciation to the supporters. It is important that the supporters remain in the stands to allow us to do that.
“Krystian Bielik and Lee Buchanan tried to train yesterday but didn’t finish the session. They, along with Colin Kazim-Richards, won’t be available tomorrow. Apart from those three, we can choose from all the others and we have Tom Lawrence back from suspension.”
Cardiff City boss Steve Morison: “We will be up against the same Derby team that we faced earlier in the season. They are very good at what they do and have patterns of play. We will also try to apply our game to them.
“They’ll want to end their season on a high note. Our 1,500 fans, we also want to give them something to come away with.”
What are the latest betting odds?
Derby County – 5/4
Draw – 12/5
Cardiff City – 10/21
(Odds via SkyBet, correct at time of publishing)
- Derby are winless in five league games against Cardiff City (D2 L3) since a 3-1 home win in April 2018.
- Cardiff are looking to complete a league double against Derby for the first time since the 2011-12 season, having beaten them 1-0 earlier this season.
- Derby County have not lost their last league game of the season in any of their last five seasons (W3 D2), scoring three or more goals in each of their last four campaigns.
- Cardiff City have not lost their last league game of the season in any of their last seven campaigns (W4 D3) since losing 2-1 at home to Chelsea in 2013-14 under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Derby have been relegated from the Championship this season and will play in English football’s third tier next season for the first time since 1985-86.